[reprap-dev] Heated Room, any one using it? NopHeat "Wooden overcoat"??

Casainho casainho at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 09:37:48 PDT 2010

Hello.

I am losing faith on a printer done using printed parts, because I
think a good printer needs to have an Heated Bed and/or Heated Room. I
have an Heated Bed and even with it I get some corner warping. Also
the total power needed by extruder + heated bed are very high!! which
I think would be 10x lower if using an Heated Room.

Is anyone using an Heated Room with Mendel using printed parts? like
NopHead http://hydraraptor.blogspot.com/2010/06/wooden-overcoat.html
??

NopHead, are you still using your Heated Room? any problems with it?
are ABS Mendel parts hanging? do you think Heated Room helps in
avoiding warping? and what about power usage of extruder + Heated Bed?

I am thinking if I should or not invest on a cheap (1000€) 40W CO2
laser from China and build my Mendel of wood, just like
Makerbot/LaserCut Mendel: http://reprap.org/wiki/LaserCut_Mendel -- I
think wood + screws + belts and stepper motors should handle well 50ºC
(or higher??) of Heated Room while ABS parts don't.