[reprap-dev] Heated Room, any one using it? NopHeat "Wooden overcoat"??

Bogdan Kecman bogdan.kecman at crsn.rs
Fri Sep 24 10:27:19 PDT 2010

I am using heated chamber with modified darwin design (rapman modified by
replacing most acrylic parts with aluminum and abs) and 70C chamber
temperature does not damage any of the parts (I was worried about 1/12"
pitch timing belts but the trick with spring from laundry pin doing auto
tensioning solved the problem, the belts will probably die eventually but
for now they work ok). I added the external heater to the chamber but
removed it eventually as heat from the heated bed is ehough to heat the
whole chamber. Power consumption is high initially (500W) but very low when
target temp is acquired.

wrt part quality - wrt warping - it is very good, wrt overhangs and void
spanning - it is awful and I'm struggling to solve that problem but it looks
like dual material is the only way to