[reprap-dev] Heated bed theory

lanthan lan lanthanid at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 02:34:28 PDT 2011

Hi Traumflug,

Nice page. I especially like the idea of printing semiconductors :-)

Maybe some consolidation or linking with http://reprap.org/wiki/Heated_Bed

I recently added there a spreadsheet for trace resistance calculation (hope
to not have errors on it) and a link to an online PCB trace resistance
calculator.

About milling heated beds:
http://reprap.org/wiki/Heated_Bed#Milled_PCB_as_a_heating_Element
Also maybe some words of caution: people should not automatically assume
that the blank unidentified PCBs they buy in the wild (a.k.a eBay) feature
the "standard" copper layer thickness of 35 microns. From experience, can be
way less than that.
As a consequence, I had to patch my plate
http://reprap.org/wiki/File:Milled_heatbed_for_cupcake_01s.jpg
http://reprap.org/wiki/File:Milled_heatbed_for_cupcake_02s.jpg

(100x100 mm), but after that, it runs really fine.
No warping so far.

Cheers,