Inspired by the CoreXY foundation the Boxd 3D aims to be a low cost/high quality printer that can print all kinds of materials while maintaining good speed and print quality. Do to the low number of parts maintenance is also kept to a minimum.
For the Boxd 8i
- Printed Parts: 35
- Printing Size: 8" x 8" x 8"
- Precision Z: 50 Micron Z Resolution
- Precision XY: 12.5mm XY resolution (with 20 tooth GT2 pulleys)
Bill of materials
The STL files to make the printer can be found at:
The Boxd 3D uses (including a single extruder), five NEMA17 stepper motors:
- Two of these motors (the Z-Axis motors), are wired in parallel to the same stepper driver
- The extruder stepper motor needs a minimum Holding Torque of 40Ncm (0.4Nm)
More information can be found on the Stepper Motor page.
Though built with the RAMPS 1.4 in mind any Reprap electronics that can run CoreXY capable firmware will work.
- Four Stepper Drivers
- One Thermistor Input and one Heater Output for the Extruder
- CoreXY compatibility
The RepRapDiscount Smart Controller is currently the only tested controller for non USB connected printing though there are others available.
For the Boxd 3D
All Jhead compatible hotends...
Video instructions coming soon...