Belts and Pulleys
|Vendor||Shipping To||Shipping From||Reviews & Additional notes|
|Folger Technologies, LLC||CA||US|
|Quality Transmission Components||CA||US|
|Vendor||Reprap-Specific||General Component||Speciality Suppliers||USA Supplier|
|Folger Technologies, LLC||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Think 3D Printers||✓||✓|
- ElectronicGeek.ca -- Ships from Montreal, 2020 profile
- Folger Technologies, LLC -- Ships from US 24-Hours, Offers Chrome/Smooth/Threaded
- Metal Supermarkets -- usually has stock of 5/16" stainless rod, which works for 8mm smooth rod.
- Princess Auto -- steel is regularly stocked. They also have some changing surplus items and decent cheap tools.
- Generic Steel Suppliers -- check in the phone book under "Steel".
- EckerTech Inc.
Best bet is an independent local industrial supply or fastener house. You will likely have to buy a box but it may be cheaper than just a few from the hardware store. Second best is probably Fastenal/Brafasco where minimums apply.
- Fastenal (everywhere -- minimums may apply)
- Brafasco (everywhere -- minimums may apply)
- First Call Auto Supply (everywhere -- no minimum)
- Peavey Mart -- West coast hardware chain
- Local electronics stores: often have great small fasteners from MODE electronics.
- Makerparts.ca Openbuilds distributor
You can also try Canadian Tire, Acklands Grainger, Metal Supermarkets, Lowe's, Home Depot, Home Hardware, etc. Hardware store rods usually suck. Drill rod from an industrial supply will be much better for the same price.
- Folger Technologies, LLC Located in New Hampshire, USA.
- RepRap-It Located in Montreal, Toronto, New York
- RepMachina Laval, Qc
- Servo Learning Center
- Boots Industries Located in Quebec, QC.
- Lin Engineering - Will take paypal but i think you have to email them the order. See terms.
- Voxel Factory
- EckerTech Inc.
- Skyhunt Located in Toronto, Canada, stocks NEMA-17 motors
- Think 3D Printers
- Spool3D Canada Located in Calgary, AB.
- Timeshell Located in Port Hope, Ontario stocks NEMA-17 motors
- Princess Auto great selection of decent tools cheaper than Canadian Tire / Home Depot / Home Hardware / etc.
Check out local pawn shops for cheap tools, too.
- Canada Computers East coast, ships Canada-wide
- NCIX West coast, ships Canada-wide
- Tiger Direct Ontario, ships Canada-wide
- Memory Express West coast, ships Canada-wide
Each RUG should have a page, but that will have to wait.
- RepRap Warehouse Located in Edmonton
- Spool3D Canada Located in Calgary
- [www.printyourmind3d.ca Print Your Mind 3D] Located in Calgary
- Dynamis Hobbies
- creatroninc.com/ Items are very overpriced. Useful if you urgently need parts, and are located downtown.
- Active Surplus Several locations in GTA, lots of great stuff for hobbyists (you can find good stuff for a RepRap). Best to visit store.
- EckerTech Inc.
- Timeshell Online store only. No store front. Port Hope, Ontario
|Spool3D Canada||CA||BuildTak, Kapton Tape, PEI;|
|Timeshell||CA||Kapton Tape, PEI|
This page may duplicate another page
We should put up a page on the Wiki regarding Canadian suppliers. I had a look at the Builders Wiki, but I wasn't sure exactly where to stick it. There's a section in the Mendel BOM and Mendel Buyers Guide regarding suppliers, but this might be more general than just Mendel parts.