kinds of extruded aluminum
T-Slot is one of the most popular categories of extruded aluminum -- VSlot, fischertechnik aluminum beams, 80/20 beams, MakerBeam, OpenBeam, MicroRAX -- see T-Slot for more details.
- official site: http://www.inventables.com/technologies/makerslide
- "Kickstarter: MakerSlide Open Source Linear Bearing System"
YesRail, apparently designed for the P2f RepStrap, is a rail system "based on Open Rail and MakerSlide".
OpenRail: Linear V rail universal mounts to t-slot extrusion
aluminum L rails
Makeblock: typically used for small desktop models
- open-source modular extruded aluminum system
- Wired: "Robotics Hacker Erects Open Source ‘Lego for Adults’"
- Kickstarter: "Makeblock : Next Generation of Construct Platform"
grid beam: square beams with a line of holes: typically used for furniture and street signs
- Eiffel mentions "pre-drilled square beams".
- square tube construction techniques
- The square metal tubes with round holes in the side pictured in "Pull Yourself Together, Bot!" look a *lot* like grid beam -- would "real" grid beam work just as well?
- 2020 T Slotted Aluminium Extrusion
- 2020 V Slotted Aluminium Extrusion
- 2040 V Slotted Aluminium Extrusion
- 2060 V Slotted Aluminium Extrusion
- 2080 V Slotted Aluminium Extrusion
Extruded rectangular aluminum tubes:
- "Parametrically Designed XY Motion Stage", apparently part of the thesis "Rapid Prototyping of Rapid Prototyping Machines" by Ilan Ellison Moyer.