Fully printable reprap
The fully reprappable reprap is the future of the reprap. It was designed in such a way that it could evolve, grow, and reproduce. It has many iterations ranging from miniature "cupcakeable" unit with a build area of 50mm*100mm devices to "super units" with a build area of 500mm*1000mm and in fact most units can create units that is even larger than themselves! It was designed as a type of reprapable repstrap, but evolved into a new type of reprap.
- Uses a bowden extruder, allowing plastic support structure to be used.
- Can use etch resist pen to make it's own circuit boards.
- Can easily be printed by cupcake, Mendel, Huxley, or Darwin.
- Every single part is at least partially made by the FPR including the device itself,the printhead(don't break your neck looking for a metal tip either,it is made of aerogel placed in a repraped mold to set),electronics,and eventually even the motors.
Make Pic's and STL's of version 2
Everything below this point is working notes.
- File:Uploaded files example.zip
- File:Even more example files.zip
- File:Example part.stl
- File:Other example part.stl
Version 2 (Current Version)
- 3 bottom parts merged into 1 part
- 3 side parts merged into 1
- Modular build platform introduced
- Rails removed from design (having the platform slide through side block and in rails is redundant)
- Retainer (Top part) larger than build area, and so had to be printed in two parts
- Sides are printed in three parts rather than 1 part