Page currently under construction
Kuba3D is a small dimension cartesian 3D printer designed for desktop use and intended for hobbyist without previous experience with 3D printing. The print volume is currently only 100x85x85 (will be extended in next upgrade to 100x100x100) with unheated glass bed. Hot end is J-head Bowden Hotend for 1.75mm PLA or ABS filament. Using NEMA17 stepper motors, Arduino Mega 2560 with Ramps 1.4 and A4988 StepStick stepper drivers. Construction is made of alu profiles connected by printed parts. X and Y axes use linear guideways, Z axe uses 8mm smooth rods. The printer is currently still in development stage.
The external dimensions of the printer is 230x230x300mm and print volume only 100x85x85mm (will be extended in the next upgrade to 100x100x100mm).
- Small external dimension 230x230x300mm to fit the printer on the desk
- Print volume up to 100x100x100mm
- Print materials PLA and ABS
- Print speed 60mm/s
- Print resolution 80 steps/mm (X and Y axes), 0.0125mm/step
- Quality Hiwin linear guideways MGNR09,MGWR09 (in next upgrade only MGNR09 should be used) - used for X and Y axes. 8mm smooth rods with LM8LUU bearings for Z axe.
- NEMA17 stepper motors with 0.39Nm torque (3pcs - for X and Y axes + extruder) and NEMA17 stepper motors with 0.3Nm torque (for Z axe)
- GT2 pulley with 20 teeth and 5mm bore + GT2 belt (2mm pitch)
- Arduino Mega 2560 with Ramps 1.4 and A4988 StepStick stepper drivers (1/16 microsteping used with A4988 driver)
- J-head Bowden Hotend and all metal bowden extruder
- Unheated glass bed
- Construction made from alu profiles (dimension 30x30mm) connected by printed parts
The main reason for this construction was creation of small 3D printer which would easily fit on a desk. The printer should be also cheap enough and easy to build to rise interest of hobbyists which do not have previous experience with 3D printing. It should provide quite good quality of prints.