What is the Problem with this side ?
We have together write with skimmy and other writer this wiki.
I have talk to cxandy. This Projekt Based on Smoothieware it is open source. Github site we will create with data about board in eagle file
- That product has been flagged as not Open-Source for over a year, nobody took care of fixing it, and now that finally the page gets unlinked, people complain ??
- The reprap wiki is *not* for advertising closed-source projects. Once the source is properly published, feel free to add the page back, but not before that ! --Arthurwolf (talk) 14:44, 5 February 2017 (PST)
- In a forum message somewhere, a few months after the board came out, they explained they had no interrest in making it Open-Source. Therefore this has no place on the Reprap wiki until they change their mind.
- By the way, the board is also absolutely horrible design, it's got USB going bellow the stepper drivers, which causes a ton of USB problems, there are lots of reports of that.
- It has plenty of other design flaws, some of which are even dangerous.
- Even if this were Open-Source, there are a lot of other boards that are much better than this one, even ones with pololu sockets like this one does. --Arthurwolf (talk) 03:35, 6 February 2017 (PST)
- Thanks for your response but it's too late for me, the Wiki page didn't have the not-open-source banner, so I bought one :-(
- That's one of the reasons I like to keep these pages. With these banners, it was easy to see if a board is open-source or not.
- IMHO we should tell people why open-source solutions are important for RepRap and not hide/delete everything else. --Microfortnight (talk) 03:49, 6 February 2017 (PST)