Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Temperature tuning

Posted by DeltaFlight 
Temperature tuning
October 04, 2011 05:43PM
Let's talk about ABS extrusion temperatures. There are many temperature handles in skeinforge, and as far as I read some tutorials, there are just opposite recommendations about this. Some say use higher temperature for first layer and lower for rest, some say lower temp for base and higher for interface.
It seems logical to me to set maximum safe temp (250) for first layer to make it stick better, and reduce it to minimal still liquid (230) for the rest. But I'm a noob, so
What temperatures do you set and why?
Re: Temperature tuning
October 04, 2011 06:45PM
I think the recommendation is to use lower temperature on the first layer if you're printing with a raft so it would be easier to remove the part. The higher temperature is needed if you're printing without a raft directly on the bed to help it stick better.
October 04, 2011 07:47PM
With a good base material the whole object can easily be printed at the same temperature. I put my temp settings in the bookends of skeinforge, and do not alter them in the print, ever.
October 05, 2011 05:13AM
What temperatures do you use. As far as I can tell Pronterface SFACT settings only have one profile, PLA. It would be useful to have a documented profile for ABS as well.
October 05, 2011 07:44AM
I think the Pronterface default setting for extruding ABS is 230C. But your setting may vary if your reading is off depending on your thermistor, thermistor table and hot end design. Also, ABS formulation can change so you should check the specs for your feed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login