Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Future Is 3D

Posted by Adventure 
Re: The Future Is 3D
September 23, 2012 10:05PM
23.jpg
Here is a picture of our Glacier Peak 3D printers at 16"L x 16"W x 24"h.

We are also going to be releasing a thingiverse replacement soon.

Stay tuned for details. It will be a free place to post your objects.

You will own all rights to your creations, and be responsible for the objects you post.

Once the site is launched, I will start to seed it with my designs.

I am hoping for some real large objects that puts smaller 3D machines to shame. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2012 11:54PM by Adventure.

Jeff Christiana
December 28, 2012 02:33AM
Hi everyone i am Daniel Mercado from Mexico and i have to say that i am very happy with TF3D and their people, specially with Jeff which is a very reliable person, he always answer my questions or any doubt. i recommend 100% to TF3D as our vendor smiling smiley
January 02, 2013 06:01PM
G'day from Australia
We had our 16x16x21 machine shipped just before Christmas
We got the LCD screen and heated build platform

We needed a machine to print small prototype parts at work
We chose this machine as it is sold complete ready to use out the box and didn't wont to stuff around wasting time building a machine and learning all that is needed for this process before we could get to use it.

After watching the howto videos I printed the first print last night, a pair of owls from the supplied models on the sd card.
They look great, they are about 100mm high and took about 2.5 hrs to print.
This was done as a stand alone print with no laptop connected and we varied the print speed with the adjustment knob on the LCD key pad to print at about 160%.

So would recommend this printer to anyone wanting something to just work winking smiley

Even though all the videos and info available on the site are great I do think Jeff would be better served by providing some setup documentation with the machine as this would save him from answering all those little questions you have, which he does answer promptly by the way, even during the xmas break!

Cheers
Ric
January 02, 2013 09:14PM
Your project seems nice I was able to visit your page.
January 16, 2013 12:06AM
New Shipment of plastic is here!!!!

3mm and 1.75mm, 5lb and 3lb rolls

[shop.thefutureis3d.com]

Jeff Christiana
January 16, 2013 12:43AM
"Plastic" is a pretty vague term.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2013 12:46AM by xclusive585.
100 Micron profile for all TF3D printers
April 03, 2013 08:59PM
Click on the Download tab to Download the new profiles today. Click on the gallery tab to see more pictures and videos.
NO CLEANUP - NO STRINGS
"What you create is what you print"

Img_0742.jpgImg_0749.jpgImg_0744.jpgImg_0745.jpgImg_0746.jpgImg_0748.jpg
Click read more for more pictures.
<!--break-->

Img_0737.jpgImg_0738.jpgImg_0739.jpgImg_0740.jpgImg_0741.jpgImg_0742.jpgImg_0743.jpgImg_0744.jpgImg_0745.jpgImg_0746.jpgImg_0748.jpgImg_0749.jpg
More profiles to come.

Jeff Christiana
June 09, 2013 12:18PM
Here are some updates about my company. Thefutureis3d.com has become, inDimension3.com. We have moved into a 14,000sf facility and will have over 30 employees hired by September. It has always been a struggle to meet the demand of suppling machines to our customers, now we will have the means to turn a printer out in less than a week.

Here is our latest model that we are shipping as of today, it is called the Glacier Summit 16 x 16 x 21 heated build area. Dual print heads is now a standard. The Print head is all metal, and can reach temperatures up to 500c in less than 4 minutes. We ship with Repetier, Marlin, and Slic3r from 300 200 100 50 micron profiles. We also will be shipping with HIPS and d-LIMONENE so you can dissolve away the HIPS and leave the ABS or PLA behind.

Here are some dual prints at 300 micron. The large tornado vase is 100 micron. I will post some 50 micron prints here soon. Keep watching the web site for more updates.

[indimension3.com]
[indimension3.com]
[indimension3.com]
[indimension3.com]
[indimension3.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2013 03:24PM by Adventure.

Jeff Christiana
inDimension3
August 27, 2013 12:40PM
We now have our own filament extrusion company that is located in Indiana. We have spent the last six months making plastic. We no longer sell plastic from China.

Here is what we have to offer:

These are all 1.75. We can get you 3mm if you want.

HIPS
Natural
Sunflower Yellow
Sky Blue
Fern Green
Tomato Red
Black

PLA or ABS
Deep Black
White
Sky Blue
Natural
Fern Green
Tomato Red
Sunflower Yellow

PC/ABS less warp, Flexible.
Deep Black
White
Sky Blue
Natural
Fern Green
Tomato Red
Sunflower Yellow

Nylon taulman reseller
We carry all his nylon.

More to come...

Our all metal print head can print at 500+c for all your plastic needs.

Give us a call to order 406-314-4270

Jeff Christiana
inDimension3
October 16, 2013 06:14PM
Here is our latest 3D printer from inDimension3.

Specifications:

16" x 16" x 18" Build area
.35mm and .5mm nozzle sizes
500c all metal dual print heads
Garolite print bed (reusable)
Semi enclosed design
Dual spool holder mount (adjustable)
50micron - 500micron layer heights
Control box that houses all the electronics. This allows the customer to send the box back for repair, without sending the entire machine.
Windows 8.1 tablet
Print from an SD card or from the tablet
Uninterruptible power supply to keep the printer running during power outages.
300lbs casters to roll the machine around
80/20 2" black anodized frame
Wireless printing ready
Remote control tech support into the unit
On site training
All software included - ready to run
Dissolvable support material
We also have our own line of plastics, (ABS, PLA, PC-ABS, HIPS, NYLON(taulman)) we can melt anything up to 500c.

We are very proud of our latest generation of 3D printers. We have been building affordable machines here in the USA since 2009. Come take a look at what we have to offer.

Come see us at:
www.indimension3.com
[www.facebook.com]

Latest Printer Picture
[www.facebook.com]

Chair and table that was printed on our 3D printer
[www.facebook.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2013 06:16PM by Adventure.

Jeff Christiana
Re: inDimension3
January 11, 2014 06:10PM
Hi Jeff,

I live in Indiana, near Fishers on Indy's North-side.
Where is your filament factory located?
Any job openings? BTW, I have a Morgan for my printer.
Thanks.

Steve
February 03, 2014 12:56PM
I have been estrememly interested in 3D printing and have been following it's progress (3d printing in general) since I first heard about it...... I think it was 3d Systems Corp?...some 25 - 30 years ago now, if I am not getting too old and foggy.

I remember saying back then...

"This is going to be in the home for anyone who wants to have one, someday. This is going to be big."

Just a few years ago, (maybe 10?) I started seeing them become available for personal users, as opposed to business users, but, the price was still far out of most peoples reach.

After reading this thread, as well as follow the progress of RepRap itself, I am just astounded at the leaps and bounds you all have made here in just the last 2 years.

I can honestly say that RepRap has advanced the actual design and vialbility of a personal 3d printer more in the last 2 years than all of the other retail oriented businesses combined. Stratasys and Makerbot....naming 2 of the biggest I can think of... are obviously not concerned about making them affordable without being forced to compete with the markdet. Nor are they worried about making them user friendly for DIY'ers to repair, adjust or replace anything movable.

RepRap has been blazing the trails for us little guys from the start... Bravo!

Jeff...

Have you ever just gone back and started reading this thread form your first post until now??
You, my friend, are a text book example of drive, determination and vison! Your handling of your customers and keeping it personal for them is what sets you apart.
I have even had my 19 year old daughter (college student) sit down and read this thread.
Glad to have seen this little piece of success.
March 26, 2014 08:39PM
I would be careful regarding this printer. I purchased the printer without the optional stand in late December of last year. It arrived in a crate with a broken limit switch and the forward guide shaft forward ends for the base plate axis off and resting on the support structure. We did not think too much about it thinking maybe that is how it is shipped. Wrong. We also then realized they did not send the tool kit nor the control box. By the time we got everything and started to run it, several days had passed. The first number of runs did not produce very good parts at all even with help from the manufacturer. After some time back and forth with the manufacturer, I asked what the return policy was. I was told it was 14 DAYS! What outfit only provides 14 days for a warranty on something costing over $6000.00? Their website was not very informative, especially in the area of warranty.

After more back and forth with them, we decided to level the base plate of the build platform ourselves knowing that it was not done since it was shipped not fully assemblied. Here it is almost 4 months later and it still does not function as advertised. We recently tried using the support material as well with it being a mess. Now we have a $6000 piece of equipment that cannot produce a part as good as what we get in our $2300 MakerBot.

Bottom line, be very careful in deciding to go with this printer. The build size is nice which is the primary reason for purchasing it however we did expect it to produce to the level of quality you would expect from a $6000 price tag. If you can no get satisfactory results in 5 days, return it.
March 26, 2014 08:57PM

I asked what the return policy was. I was told it was 14 DAYS! What outfit only provides 14 days for a warranty

A return and warranty are 2 very different things. I have no knowledge of this companies policy but just want to be clear, if you asked about returns it's not the same thing as asking about warranty.
March 26, 2014 09:47PM
We didn't even have the cables that we needed to run the machine until a week after we received the machine. It took way past 14 days to realize the machine was defective and too late to send back. At the time they didn't specify only a 14-day return policy . We have had the printer 4 months and the company still has not resolved the issues it has. I would think at minimum the company would offer to have us send the defective printer back and get a replacement or at least a partial refund.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login