Posted by degroof 
OpenMoko CAD Files
March 04, 2008 04:16PM
Article here: [blog.makezine.com]

Files here: [downloads.openmoko.org]

Anyone familiar with IGES or Pro/E?
Re: OpenMoko CAD Files
March 05, 2008 04:09PM
Never used Pro/E but it's very expensive. I downloaded a copy of the free version of Alibre a while ago. It looks like you can import an IGES file and also export an stl file with it. However, it will only work with Windows. Once I get the files and a have a few minutes I see how the program works on these.
March 06, 2008 01:03AM
Any decent CAD package should be able to import IGES - it's pretty standardized. I'm going to have a look at these files at some point, they appear interesting.
June 28, 2008 12:58AM
I have downloaded the files and imported them into Solidworks. We use Solidworks at our company. I have yet to decifer the amount of parts that come into CAD as things get doubled up for some reason, but the files seem very usable.

I have also just started collecting parts for my first RepRap machine and have downloaded and imported the CAD files for the RepRap machine. I am going through the files and plan to upload the CAD files in Solidworks format to the RepRap site for people to use. After that, I'll alter the files to a simplified RepRap machine and will start making my own one..
After that, the plan is to RepRap a new case for my OpenMoko Freerunner that I have signed up for.

Next... World domination..
July 01, 2008 09:41PM
Having the printed part files available in other formats would be handy. Would an IGS be the best file format for this? Solidworks is kind of pricey for us weekend hackers smiling smiley
July 02, 2008 02:16AM
The files are already available in IGS on the site..

Nulla tenaci invia est via
edictor.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login