Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder stepper not moving RAMPS1.4 w/ repetier-firmware

Posted by ninja0n3 
Extruder stepper not moving RAMPS1.4 w/ repetier-firmware
November 13, 2011 06:17PM
Hello,

I just finished my Prusa build and I am about done with the electronics.
As I was testing things out, I ran into the following problem:
My extruder stepper, jerks to one side then stops moving (although the motor is still powered as it shows resistance when trying to turn it by hand).

My setup is RAMPS 1.4 with Arduino Mega 2650.
The firmware I am using is repetier-firmware (for which I have edited the Configuration.h to match my setup) along with repetier-host for control.

X, Y and Z motors are working as expected.

I have tried switching the components around, which allowed me ton verify that the Driver and the Stepper for the extruder are still functional: put the motor on the X channel and it worked; also switched the driver to another channel and put a working one in its stead. The same behavior was observed and the original driver worked fine when connected to the X channel.

I am not quite sure what is happening or how to solve it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Update: additional tests have shown that the issue might be the firmware: I used pronterface with Sprinter to test the extruder and it responds correctly to the extrusion command. This is not currently the case with repetier-firmware and repetier-host.
Any help appreciated in finding the issue.

Update2: After doing some further research, I figured out that the repetier-firmware has a flag to prvent the extruder stepper from engaging below a set temperature. Changing this value fixed the issue.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 07:46PM by ninja0n3.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login