Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Beginner for Reprap or Repstrap

Posted by krupukbwg 
Beginner for Reprap or Repstrap
November 14, 2011 12:01AM
Dear All,

I am interesting for this thing since for a long time, i have commited that i very confused about this one.
I dont have much resource to build this thing and lack of electricity background, so i was splited this problem in three kind thing that i need to build this 3d Printer, which is :
a. Mechanical Hardware;
b. Electronical Hardware;
c. Software.

I have a question for this thing :
1. If i go with Repstrap what base should i use?, WolfStrap, Metal Mendel, Metal Darwin or anything else beside three of it;
2. For the electronical hardware in Reprap, can any one tell me what is the newest Generation?;
3. For the newest generation for electronical hardware which base is suitable, WolfStrap, Metal Mendel, Metal Darwin or anything else beside three of it?

If ihave anything wrong with my word, please forgive me (i dont good enough with english),
My best reggard for any one.
Re: Beginner for Reprap or Repstrap
November 14, 2011 03:57AM
This page should answer most of the questions.

My Reprap blog

jds-reprap.blogspot.com
November 14, 2011 06:34AM
Thanks a lot for JoeDaStudd;

My question again
1. can i build prusa with metal mendel?, because i dont have source to buy prusa printed parts...or;
2. can i build metal mendel with prusa electronic hardware?
November 14, 2011 06:41AM
You can use any of the current electronics with a "metal mendel" including the old outdated Gen3 electronics.
Just make sure it has a connection for a heated bed because even with PLA you will need one eventually.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login