Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

JDM hardware help

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
JDM hardware help
April 03, 2008 01:01AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have made a JDM progammer and now tryinig to test it by the following steps which I got from:
[www.reprap.org]

THESE ARE THE TESTING STEPS:

If you're using Windows and ic-prog (which I'm using!), then go to Settings | Hardware Check. Plug in the programmer and leave the IC socket empty. You should observe the following:
1 Using a multimeter, measure the voltage on the IC socket between pin 5 (-) and pin 14 (+). It should be just below 5V.
2 When you tick Enable Data Out, the Data In checkbox should also become ticked (and vice versa). You cannot directly tick the Data In checkbox.
3 Measure the voltage between pin 5 (-) and pin 13 (+). It should read around -2V to -2.5V. When you tick the Enable Data Out checkbox, it should swing to 4.5V to 5V.
4 Measure the voltage between pin 5 (-) and pin 12 (+). Tick the Enable Clock box and it should go to +5V (or a little more). Untick it and it should return to 0V (actually about -0.5V to -0.8V).
5 Measure the voltage between pin 5 (-) and pin 4 (+). Tick the Enable MCLR box and it should go to +12V. Untick it and it should return to 0V (actually about -0.5V).

The thired step, bolded letters is what I am getting as +3.15V which should be -2V to -2.5V, after that every thing is right, I mean every thing except this bolded letters only not the whole steps!!
PLEASE HELP ME!!
I used 100uF/63V insted of 40V and 22uF/25V insted of 16V but I don't think that can cause problem or can it? (Exact values of capacitor voltage is not available!)
Give me schematic if I need to make some interface, I'm a layman. Please don't just tell me to search over net, I'm tired of that (from last two weeks I'm trying to fix this) and now I want to concentrate on my collage studies, pleazzzz... help me I'm sick of asking this on many forums, hope RepRap will help as I started it from here.sad smileysad smileyconfused smiley
Re: JDM hardware help
April 03, 2008 11:23AM
Oh Lord! Save yourself a lot of grief and buy yourself a proper PIC programmer. The JDM design is JUNK! I don't know why they persist in suggesting it at Reprap. eye popping smiley

Better yet, note that Reprap has, in the past few days, committed to shifting to the Arduino technology for control boards and go that route.
Re: JDM hardware help
April 03, 2008 02:03PM
i second what forrest says. use arduino.

although, technically we dont really recommend a JDM programmer anymore. there are pages on it in the wiki, but they should be updated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login