Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Replicatorg parameters for Sprinter and RAMPS 1.4

Posted by Kaage 
Replicatorg parameters for Sprinter and RAMPS 1.4
January 25, 2012 11:21AM
Hi,

I have just built Reprap Prusa Mendel with RAMPS 1.4 and Sprinter Firmware. I have successfully installed Replicatorg and connected Sprinter to it. I selected Klimentkip as Machine Type.

I'm able to jog all axis manually and set hot end temperature manually. Also Extruder Motor can be run manually and everything is working this way.

My problem is once I try to print something. I have opened .stl model file and generated GCode. Once I start to print motors are not moving and I can hear some really high sounds. For me it seems that motors are trying to turn really really little.

I'm not sure what GCode profile I should use. Skeinforge (35) is selected as GCode generator.

Could you point me to the right direction? How can I select good Gcode profile?
Re: Replicatorg parameters for Sprinter and RAMPS 1.4
January 26, 2012 08:04PM
Hi, I posted on this topic yesterday as well. I got a response suggesting that I try the following:

[www.thingiverse.com]

I went to thingiverse and DL'd the file and placed it into my machine folder as instructed. At first I still couldn't see it, so I went back into my C drive machines folder (inside of RepG) and hid all other machine type drivers into a new folder.

That made it show in the application "machine type (drivers)' dialog.

I couldn't attempt to run it as I'm currently running a part in pronterface, but I think it's what I need, and maybe what you need as well. Our problems are very similar except that I have ramps 1.3 with sprinter.

Good luck! winking smiley
January 27, 2012 05:32AM
Hi,

thanks for your answer. I followed your tips and yeah it seems that it is more correct to have Prusa Mendel as a Machine. However, it doesn't solve my actual problem.

I have same problems with GCode generation. I don't know what GCode profile I have to take. None of them seems to work well in my case. I have also tried to modify their paramenters but printing still doesn't work well.

Can anyone help with GCode parameters and base profile selection?
Any news on this? I'm experiencing the same issues, got a perfect Prusa Mendel assembled and can control it just fine with the control panel, but no luck on printing. The extruder never outputs enough material, and most settings result on the Z axis not moving up during printing. Close to giving up on ReplicatorG altogether...

Kaage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your answer. I followed your tips and
> yeah it seems that it is more correct to have
> Prusa Mendel as a Machine. However, it doesn't
> solve my actual problem.
>
> I have same problems with GCode generation. I
> don't know what GCode profile I have to take. None
> of them seems to work well in my case. I have also
> tried to modify their paramenters but printing
> still doesn't work well.
>
> Can anyone help with GCode parameters and base
> profile selection?
February 12, 2012 12:42AM
Look at this link [forums.reprap.org]

It might help you out.
February 12, 2012 01:25AM
Hi, I didn't get this issue resolved. But I haven't tried Axim2012 hint yet. I gived up with Repligatorg and Skeinforge and tried to use Pronterface and Sfact. It seems that this setup works better. However, I'm not able to print still. This is because of hot end is not getting hot enough. Only up to 160 degrees celcius. So I'm no wondering how that problem could be resolved.

Olifiers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any news on this? I'm experiencing the same
> issues, got a perfect Prusa Mendel assembled and
> can control it just fine with the control panel,
> but no luck on printing. The extruder never
> outputs enough material, and most settings result
> on the Z axis not moving up during printing. Close
> to giving up on ReplicatorG altogether...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login