Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sprinter to Marlin problems

Posted by BobFA 
Sprinter to Marlin problems
February 02, 2012 10:32PM
Prusa->RAMPS 1.3->Arduino 1.0->Marlin 1.0.0
I want to use Marlin->Slic3r->Pronterface but I am currently trying to figure out the endstops. I have my X Y and Z runing the right way now but that is the extent of what reseached. I have mecanical end stops and when I am runing Pronterface the reprap does not reconize the endstops at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2012 10:47PM by BobFA.
Re: Sprinter to Marlin problems
February 02, 2012 11:09PM
Are your endstops recognized when you enter G28 into the Pronterface 'send' box? I recently switched to almost the same setup from Skeinforge, and had similar issues before I remembered to edit my start gcode, I now have G28 followed by G92 (home all followed by zero all).
February 02, 2012 11:56PM
How do I do that? I sent G28 and it proceted to bash itself into its endstops. How do I change it?
February 03, 2012 01:48AM
I just re-read your original post and now see you have mechanical endstops. I have opticals. I suspect you will need to look at the config.h file from Marlin and edit the lines covering the endstops, probably changing from active low to active high, or vice versa, then recompile and re-install it on your Arduino. I am not near my laptop with the source code so I cannot confirm the specific lines tonight, hopefully this will get you onto the right track.
February 03, 2012 03:42AM
Marlin only looks for endstops when homing (at least mine does).

You can enable software endstops as a precaution instead.

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
February 03, 2012 09:19AM
Nudel
You can enable software endstops as a precaution instead.

In fact, it is recommended to prevent crashing your hotend into the bed if you get negative Z coordinates. (Not all objects in thingiverse have an STL on top of Z=0confused smiley).

If not activated, QTMarlin speed/acceleration test won't detect failures.

misan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2012 09:22AM by misan.
February 04, 2012 09:45PM
So I have been looking around and changing Marlin but no matter what I do my Reprap does not recognize my mechanical endstops, Sprinter on the other hand works right though. I even went through Misan Marlin file but still no response. Can someone look though my config.h file and see what I'm doing wrong?
THANK YOU
Also included is my Sprinter config.h
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration_h_Sprinter.ino (9.4 KB)
open | download - Configuration_h_Marlin.ino (15.9 KB)
February 05, 2012 04:59AM
Just to be sure: Have you check without the endstops that your board detects them ok?

You can check with a jumper connected to make your x-axis to move and while it is moving remove the jumper, which will open the circuit and should cause the axis to stop moving. If that fails you might have this pin in the processor damaged.

Just another idea.

BTW, does you axis move two ways (ie left & right)?
February 05, 2012 06:14PM
Have you made sure you have the right motherboard selected and that pins.h has the correct pins assigned for the endstop?

[blog.bodgycorp.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login