Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Supplying the RepRap store

Posted by Scatterplot 
Supplying the RepRap store
May 25, 2007 04:18AM
Who exactly is in charge of making the supplies for sale in the store? I know right now it's not much more than some wire and boards, but I noticed the nozzles and some threaded rod (drilled, etc) were either availible or soon to be. Who is making these, and do they need help? I might (eventually) be able to manufacture some of the parts.
Re: Supplying the RepRap store
May 25, 2007 04:56AM
I have a related question.
Seeing how long it can take to get yourself registered in some provider companies for chemical products, I have come to imagine what it would take to have a central distribution hub that would register pre-orders, then make one big order to the chemicals provider under one single name.

This distribution hub would then dispatch the products uppon arrival to each rep-rapper.
The same applies for producing thermoplastic threads. If we could create a network of acquisition, recycling or production doubled by distribution hubs, it would make things easier.

Taking in account that base products will be heavier more complex and expensive to ship (ranging from 100 grams to up to several kilograms), this distribution system is still far ahead in the future, but it would be great to have once the project reaches a widespread interest.
Re: Supplying the RepRap store
May 25, 2007 11:47AM
Zach is currently "Mr. RRRF" and is building stuff for the store, as well as running the store. hoeken at rrrf dot org if you need to email him.

Jonathan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login