Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

metric rod supply in the us

Posted by shinjinian 
metric rod supply in the us
February 13, 2012 02:54AM
I've checked all the local hardware stores and nothings turned up online, anyone know of a good place to get the 8mm rods? (I'm not interested in buying kits from eBay or reprap stores I'd rather get it to cut to my own choice of lengths)
Re: metric rod supply in the us
February 13, 2012 03:56AM
www.mcmaster.com
February 13, 2012 03:58AM
[www.designverb.com]

maybe if you had listened to Jimmy Carter you'r hardware store would have metric threads by now lol
February 13, 2012 04:24AM
Asger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.designverb.com]
> 6/Metric_system.jpg
>
> maybe if you had listened to Jimmy Carter you'r
> hardware store would have metric threads by now
> lol

It is seriously backward that we aren't on the metric system. I'd vote for any president that vows to make that happen...
February 13, 2012 12:29PM
I agree I'ts stupid to go against a world standard, I would definately vote for anybody who is aiming to make it a us standard so we can at least be on even ground with the rest of the world with manufacturing and design (not that we do much of it anymore).
February 13, 2012 11:40PM
Misumi will cut to length for you...
February 14, 2012 08:23AM
Fastenal.com probably has a store near you. You can order online and they'll ship to the closest store of your choice. I had to go into the store to setup a cash account and purchase two small bags of washers to get two separate invoices. Then equipped with a customer number and two invoices I was able to register online. (dumb) But its only 10 minutes from the house and I can order small quantities without paying high shipping charges.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login