Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Beware this variation on the Spanish Prisoner con...

Posted by Forrest Higgs 
Beware this variation on the Spanish Prisoner con...
November 12, 2007 08:59AM
Hi guys,

I just got the following "letter" in the internal reprap site messaging. It's the first such appeal I've seen in the reprap internal messaging system. Ordinarily, I get all of these through my regular email accounts and the spam spotter catches about 90% of them. I usually see 5-10 per week.

I'm sure you've all seen this sort of thing hundreds of times, but just in case you haven't they're all cons, not real.

Best,

Forrest

******************************************************************************************

Miss Zeinab Kouta Tangara
To:
Forrest Higgs
Date: 11/13/2007 02:17AM

Miss Zeinab Kouta Tangara
Abidjan,
Cote D'Ivoire
([email protected])

Dear Respectiful,

I found your profile and was convinced in my spirit to confide in you on a very confidential discuss, since I cannot be able to see you face
to face at first.

I am Miss Zeinab Kouta Tangara, 22 years old A
complete citizen of CONGO, the only dauther of my
father Late Dr. TANGARA Oyoma who was recently
murdered in the land dispute in CONGO, he was a
prosperous Tobacco Marchant and former Minister of Finance in CONGO, (MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE)
Before the death of my late father, he disclosed to me that he deposited the sum of $10,000,000,00 US Dollars (TEN MILLION DOLLARS) in a security company here in Abidjan C
VDX
Re: Beware this variation on the Spanish Prisoner con...
November 12, 2007 10:17AM
Hi Forrest,

... dropped in my Private Messages too ...

Viktor
November 12, 2007 11:34AM
i also got one. i've deleted the offending user.
November 12, 2007 05:14PM
I got one too. I know of it as the Nigeria Scam.
November 12, 2007 06:11PM
haha, funny stuff. Very inventive and yet not so believable.
November 12, 2007 06:13PM
You beat me to it. I got 2 copies and I was going to post about them as well. I also know them as Nigerian scams.

Oh well, I'm sure it will start an interesting discussion about something and be totally unrelated by the second forum page.
November 13, 2007 06:21PM
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a member of a subversive group in the country of _______. Recently, our group constructed a rapid prototyper for the creation and dissemination of material with which to attempt to overthrow our government. Unfortunately, the government is somewhat aware of the potential of this and have put an embargo on the importation of polymorph. Any purchases of the material that could be traced back to our bank accounts would severely compromise our attempts.
Please help us establish a democratic government. Please purchase $5,000 US Dollars of polymorph, or a similar plastic, and ship it to the address below. When we get in power, we will reimburse you for your trouble, with a bit extra.
November 13, 2007 06:23PM
haha!

If these people spent as much time "earning" money as they spent trying to swindle it, they would be well off.

Stupid cons.

Demented
smiling smileyHI

I recived the same in my e-mail today
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login