Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McWire parts.reprap.org via McMaster-Carr

Posted by RoundSparrow 
McWire parts.reprap.org via McMaster-Carr
December 06, 2007 07:16PM
Zach,

going over my parts I ordered on November 20 using the parts.reprap.org site... there are some issues.

The Reprap website specifies:

1) self tapping screw 10-24 x 3/4", part number 98273A255.
However, that part number on McMaster-Carr is 1/2" length instead of 3/4" length.

Also, did you change the part numbers on the flanges since the time I ordered?

68095K121 vs. 68185k112 -- 3/4" pipe vs 1" pipe
44605k155 vs. 44605k156 -- 3/4" pipe vs 1" pipe
44605k105 vs. 44605k106 -- 3/4" pipe vs 1" pipe

I ended up with all 3 getting the 1", but the current live site is using the 3/4" parts?
Re: McWire parts.reprap.org via McMaster-Carr
December 07, 2007 10:57AM
hey,

sorry about that... the mcwire stuff has been undergoing some flux as i try to get it ready for production.

the major thing i did was change to 3/4" pipe throughout the system. the only major place where this will affect people is that the 1" flange has different placements of mounting holes than the 3/4" one. should be relatively easy to solve with either a bushing or a reducer elbow.

secondly, the self tapping screws specified are correct, but the name in the part lister is wrong... should be 1/2". i'll change that.
December 07, 2007 11:39AM
Zach - Do we have diagrams of the hole placement for the McWire version of the RepStrap that you and Bre are doing. Also the dxf files on the Sourceforge site do not have any dimensions on them....

Bob Teeter
December 07, 2007 12:17PM
hi bob,

the DXF files are drafting formats... get a program like qcad or some other equivalent and you can use a measuring tool very easily. also, for the hole placement, the McMaster has a very nice drawing with measurements that you can use as well.

i'll try to add measurements for the file release when i'm ready with v1.2

~Zach
December 07, 2007 02:23PM
Zach - I have Autocad and used it to review the dxf files. That is why I know that the drawings did not have measurements on them. Thanks for the directions.

Bob Teeter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login