Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help printing

Posted by MA_BLACK 
help printing
March 02, 2012 05:24AM
hello I have mounted my 3D printer reprap Prussian, I am printing fine, but when I print 2 pieces, and the hot end is passed from one room to another, sometimes leaving plastic threads.

I use Sanguinololu with wade extruder, with J-Head Mk IV-B and the skeinforge ponterfeca software, I have not managed to remove this problem, I can try?
Re: help printing
March 02, 2012 06:29AM
Either your e_steps_per_mm is a bit too high, temperature is too high, or retraction is not properly configured.

Try different "Retraction Distance", and lower/higher "Extruder Retraction Speed" in Dimension in skeinforge. You can post your settings here and we'll suggest some changes.

It can also be worthwhile to try out SFACT or Slic3r.

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
March 02, 2012 11:33AM
Nudel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It can also be worthwhile to try out SFACT or
> Slic3r.

+100
March 06, 2012 02:45AM
thanks for the answers, if you can help find attached a photo, also when I print pieces with upper-air, like the one in the photo between pillars, wires hanging from the first layer. but under the temperature at the end is blocked. in skeinforge can this change?

Thanks
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0760.JPG (462.4 KB)
open | download - IMG_0759.JPG (381.5 KB)
March 06, 2012 05:21AM
You might have to go a bit faster over the bridge to stretch the filament. The settings is in "Speed - Bridge - Bridge Feed/Flow Rate Multiplier". (That's in my old-ish version of SFACT). It also helps to tick "Infill in Direction of Bridge" in Carve.

It can also help to lower the temperature a few degrees so the filament droops less, but do this with caution if you don't know your temperature range well.

Lastly, I find adding a fan to cool down the print is the simplest solution, it works wonders with PLA after a little tweaking.

Other than that, nice prints you've got!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2012 05:22AM by Nudel.

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
March 06, 2012 09:33AM
ok, thanks proves what I've said, but not in It Also Helps to encounter tick "Infill in Direction of Bridge" in Carve.

In the picture you can also see that the pillars leaves little pieces of ABS, when the back left ABS extruder may be at it?
March 06, 2012 12:44PM
just use slic3r. almost no configuration necessary, minus the basics.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login