Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McMaster.com seems popular on here but..

Posted by d nizzle 
McMaster.com seems popular on here but..
March 04, 2012 02:34PM
I went to go order parts for the Prusa Mendel and when going to checkout I noticed it wasn't a secured site. I decided I'd just make an account and then immediately change my password but even after login it is still not secured. How are people ordering off this site? I wouldn't recomend anyone use it, and if you do, make absolutely certain you uncheck "Save this credit card for future orders."
Re: McMaster.com seems popular on here but..
March 04, 2012 03:27PM
I just can't seem to find anything near 2.8' and 4.7' Neoprene Belts with 1/5" Pitch and 1/4 wide like the SAE Prusa mendel wiki calls for, except on McMaster.. which is where the wiki sends me to. But I would be shocked if people used this site, so I'm trying to find out where people are actually getting these parts. Nice post tho, quite helpful.
March 04, 2012 04:25PM
Um, McMaster is HUGE and many, many people do business with them online without issue.

www.Fablicator.com
March 04, 2012 04:44PM
March 04, 2012 05:07PM
Thank you Sublime.
March 04, 2012 07:05PM
I've been buying from McMaster for years, both for parts and equipment for work and parts for personal needs and haven't had any problems. I don't know if it is because of the way the frames are that it doesn't say it is a secure site. I am very comfortable buying from them.
March 04, 2012 09:32PM
McMaster is legit. Bought lots of stuff, no problems. It's a huge site; you'd have heard about it if they weren't secure.
March 05, 2012 02:17AM
That's what people thought about Sony...
March 05, 2012 02:24AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2012 02:30AM by Asger.
March 05, 2012 02:25PM
McMaster-Carr is a very reputable company. Extremely Service-Oriented.

Here in Orange County, they deliver Same-Day Free Delivery (due to large volume ordering in the area). I've never had issues with ordering from the web site.
March 06, 2012 03:06AM
I've been ordering from McMaster for years. Never had an issue. I would always recommend against online ordering anytime you are on a public network though.

BTW they do have a secure connection when it comes to placing the credit card order. See here:
[www.curtpalme.com]

Edit: You can see for yourself. Go to the Add/Edit credit card section and you will see that it is https.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2012 03:12AM by NewPerfection.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
March 06, 2012 12:40PM
jbayless Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's what people thought about Sony...

That is a different question. Sony was hacked, which a lot of other sites have been and will be in the future.

The OP was asking if McMaster is a reputable company and if their site is secure. McMaster is reputable and their ordering info is secure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login