Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Broken Gen6 Opto end stop communication???

Posted by Flackster 
Broken Gen6 Opto end stop communication???
March 16, 2012 01:08PM
Hi,
(sorry if this is posted on wrong board - it seemed a combination of several possibles)

I think I’ve broken the opto end stop X and Y bits of my Gen6 circuit board. I just wanted to check and see if anyone had suggestions.

About 2 weeks ago I crashed my X carriage into the opto end stop. It hasn’t worked since (not sure if the crash hurt it or the crash was the result of something else). Anyhow, through use of G92 commands and careful extruder head placement I could carry on (just as long as I never hit “Home”).

Shortly after I did the same for my Y axis opto end stop.

I have just constructed a new mechanical end stop, which I tested by triggering is as I attempted a movement. Sadly it had no effect at all. I then checked my new end stop worked by swapping it into the Z end stop slot. There it does operate correctly. So, it works.

I’m thinking that the end stops themselves (opto and mechanical) are (probably) operational. But the X and Y part of my Gen6 board that relays the signals isn’t

Is that correct?
Is there anything I can do other than:
1) Buy a new controller board
2) Carefully use G92 to tell the controlling software what the real X & Y positions are (but never, ever use X or Y “Home” again)

Thanks

Pete
Re: Broken Gen6 Opto end stop communication???
March 16, 2012 05:24PM
If you use mechanical endstops,you can use the I2C connector. You can use the SCA and SCL line over the gnd pin with your endstop. The two lines have pull up resistors, so only comnnecting them with gnd will give a valid signal.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Re: Broken Gen6 Opto end stop communication???
March 16, 2012 05:26PM
If you use mechanical endstops,you can use the I2C connector. You can use the SCA and SCL line over the gnd pin with your endstop.
The two lines have pull up resistors, so only connecting them with gnd will give a valid signal.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login