Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramp 1.3 with full version of marlin firmware

Posted by Elidor 
Ramp 1.3 with full version of marlin firmware
March 24, 2012 08:37PM
hello

i have a orca 0.30 with ramp 1.3 and currently im using a non gen6 marlin

i have notice that the other marlin firmware have more tabs and more setting for extruder and stuff .

is there a differance between the firmwares ?

if there is ' could some give me a hint how to configure the firmware for my ramp 1.3 (looking for help with marlin firmware with extra tabs) ?

thanks
Re: Ramp 1.3 with full version of marlin firmware
March 25, 2012 10:37AM
I use Marlin with Ramps 1.4, should be very similar. What do you need to know?
March 25, 2012 10:49AM
The "look ahead" algorithm used by marlin makes cornering and circles much faster and cleaner. It also makes transitioning from perimeter to infill very quick. Plus Marlin gives you an "advanced config" tab to make deeper changes. I have been thrilled with the results thus far. I would highly recommend it. And if your using Ramps, its as easy as loading the file in Arduino 0.23.
March 25, 2012 10:54AM
Hi

i was downloading the ultimaker marlin firmaware and when i was trying to complie with my setting

i was getting lots of errors

today i was downloading the new version from github ErikZalm / ErikZalm-Marlin-v1.0.0.RC2-79-g0c1b863

and i was trying to complie and i got no errors so ill try it the firmware today =)

is their any issues that i sould now about when im working with this marlin (with extra tabs) on ramp ?

for the second post -

im using 0022 version ill try 0023 .

Entropy thank you very much for your help =)

thanks =)
March 25, 2012 12:05PM
I haven't gotten into any of the additional options yet. Like any other firmware, check your steps for each axis, set your temp settings, and watch your max feed rate and excellerations. Other than that, its the same stuff as usual. Let me know if you run into any specific problems.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login