Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap appears on China's ebay equivalent : Tao Bao Wang

Posted by TianChang 
RepRap appears on China's ebay equivalent : Tao Bao Wang
April 23, 2010 02:53AM
[item.taobao.com] ==> Chinese version.

It has got a equivalent Buy it now price of 5000. The whole listing uses words and pictures ripped off from the RepRap website.

The seller is listed as from Guangdong, Shenzhen.

It is the only lisiting.

Thought I should bring it to the community's attention.

Tian Chang

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2010 02:55AM by TianChang.
Re: RepRap appears on China's ebay equivalent : Tao Bao Wang
April 23, 2010 03:11AM
Nah, it's ok. 5,000.00 CNY = 732.219 USD which is a decent price; Kimberly is selling a complete machine for 850 USD:
[forums.reprap.org]

Tian Chang, thank you for telling us about it and thank you for being concerned.
But lhy_harry didn't do anything wrong.

Because you're allowed to make copies of RepRaps. It's kind of the whole point. smiling bouncing smiley

Here, this is what you should do. Go to taobao.com and sell a Mendel for 4800 CNY. smoking smiley

Did you have any luck meeting up with the Beijing LUG?
[www.beijinglug.org]

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
April 23, 2010 10:07PM
well, that's obviously not the picture of the device on sale. But I'm guessing that this is allowed usage of the photo under the license? I can't read the text to know if the seller is claiming that you get what's in the photo. For all I know it says "monitor not included" ;-)
April 23, 2010 10:30PM
But I'm guessing that this is allowed usage of the photo under the license?

Everything in the whole wiki is GPL unless labeled otherwise. It's fine. As long as lhy_harry is shipping a Mendel and not a box of rocks, it's all good. smiling smiley

-Sebastien

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
April 24, 2010 12:22AM
I think its fine to be using material from the wiki. I just thought it is odd to be selling Mendel without pictures of the actual sale item.

He has 9 of them up for sale.

【开源硬件】快速成型机 RepRap Mendal 3D打印机 (不含电脑) ==> a better translation would be : 【Hardware for Prototyping】High Speed Rapid Prototyping RepRap Mendel 3D Printer (Computer Not Included)

And he didn't say anywhere that it is construction in progress or built.

Sebastien,

Thanks for the BLUG lead. I'll be spending 2 and a half months in Beijing so it'll be a good opportunity for me to drop by. =)
April 25, 2010 04:41PM
Yeah, I wouldn't buy it without pictures of the one s/he's selling. Parts quality can vary a lot...
April 26, 2010 01:23AM
TianChan,

Would you please email or pm lhy_harry and tell him that we've got a china forum?

Also, you may want to suggest he 'placemat' his parts:
[reprap.org]

Thanks for the BLUG lead. I'll be spending 2 and a half months in Beijing so it'll be a good opportunity for me to drop by. =)

Oops. I thought you were chengjia. grinning smiley
[forums.reprap.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login