Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

selfmade 3D model printed with reprap

Posted by alexgrimm 
dear friends of RepRap

today i read about that kind of printer on orf.at - sounds extremly interesting for me! didn't know if i have the technical knowledge to build and work with this prototyp.

currently i have a 3D model which maybe could realised with this 3D printer - could anybody of you have a look on www.alexgrimm.com/de/index/fullview/year/10/work/135/view/2 and give me a feedback if this model could be 3D printed!

thanks a lot
kind regards
alexgrimm
VDX
Re: selfmade 3D model printed with reprap
April 29, 2010 06:39AM
Hi Alex,

... if you can assemble the model from two parts (legs and upper body) then tis wouldn't be a problem.

Bigger 'overhangs' are a bit tricky but some guys solved this too with supporting cobweb-structures ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
thanks for your answer - i will still wait on some other opinions. how much will it cost to order one prototyp figure - to you know guys witch have the knowledge to realize my model?

alex
VDX
April 29, 2010 06:55AM
Hi Alex,

... check the german forum, especially "Hi German RepRappers, where are you located?" - i know there are some reprappers in Berlin too ...

*** EDIT: checked the posts and noticed that the German forums had mainly suffered from the "Umlaut"-bug ... many posts are truncated after the first occurance of a special sign ... and nobody managed to repair the truncation sad smiley

So maybe ask your question anew there ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2010 07:02AM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
thank you very much - i will check this info!
April 29, 2010 08:10AM
*** EDIT: checked the posts and noticed that the German forums had mainly suffered from the "Umlaut"-bug ... many posts are truncated after the first occurance of a special sign ... and nobody managed to repair the truncation

It was the only way to wipe out the heavy-metal bands that were terrorizing the forum. Apparently we were only backing up latin characters from the mysql database that held the forum, iirc. Sorry. sad smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login