Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Downloading Thingiverse stl files

Posted by Bob hewson 
Downloading Thingiverse stl files
April 13, 2012 10:59AM
I posted this to the Thingiverse forum with no solutions offered, perhaps someone here can help.

When I try to download a stl file no download occurs and I get this error "Could not find the main class: replicator.app.base. Program will exit."

I am using Firefox as my browser.

Any suggestions on what the problem is and how to rectify it?

Thanks,

Bob
Re: Downloading Thingiverse stl files
April 13, 2012 12:08PM
Could you post the link for the thingy? It is possible that it may be an issue with that one item. Can you download other things from thiniverse?
April 13, 2012 12:55PM
Perhaps you have the STL file suffix registered to open in Replicatorg. Have you tried right click "Save As"?

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
April 13, 2012 01:56PM
Am unable to download anything from Thingiverse.

Bob
April 13, 2012 03:06PM
I tried changing file association and had STL file default to Sketchup8. There were several other choices too: ReplicatorG, 123D, Firefox and Crypto Shell Extension by Microsoft.

I played around and found the Crypto Shell item seemd to work.

I also found a refernce to STL import plugins and found and installed one to sketchup.

I have now managed to download a number of files, so may have resolved my problem, but the "why" is still a mystery.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Bob
October 11, 2012 02:41AM
Hello Bob,

I Am Unable to download .STL File.

How can we download?

Kindly Give reply as soon as possible.

Thanks.
October 11, 2012 03:44AM
I use Firefox on windows and can click on a stl file on thigiverse and it offers to download the file automatically. I do use a download manager addon but even without that it offers to download

September 23, 2014 04:58AM
Mods, can we do something about this person spamming the forums? Obviously an unhappy customer, but posting the same post in every thread here is too much.
September 23, 2014 07:09AM
Hello Bruce

I am not spamming every thread. I have posted in every thread that MakeMendel has put comments. Yours was one of those threads.

I am not spamming - nor do I like those who spam.

I am merely following the threads of MakeMendel to add my experience to warn others.

I did not intend to offend.

Have a great day!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2014 07:10AM by ForTheBlind.
September 23, 2014 07:17AM
ForTheBlind
Hello Bruce

I am not spamming every thread. I have posted in every thread that MakeMendel has put comments. Yours was one of those threads.

I am merely following the threads of MakeMendel to add my experience to warn others.

Have a great day!!

you have posted the same thing somewhere over 100 times, across multiple threads, that is spamming and we will will treat it as such and ban your account if you don't stop.

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

September 23, 2014 07:27AM
thejollygrimreaper
ForTheBlind
Hello Bruce

Have a great day!!

you have posted the same thing somewhere over 100 times, across multiple threads, that is spamming and we will will treat it as such and ban your account if you don't stop.

Yes please, at this stage, I'm bored senseless by reading the exact same cut and past copy of this rant, and now we're on to incarnation 2, which is proving to be equally annoying.

It could well be that the supplier has not done what they should have, but from one read of it, there are issues on both sides.

I've no interest in reading the same stuff countless times, and even less interest in using limited bandwidth and storage to end up with dozens of copies of the same rant in just about every thread I've seen over the last few days.

Enough is enough

Shore, if twas easy, we'd all be doin it

Irish Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login