Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Whole RepRap kit for about $500

Posted by mariusz 
Whole RepRap kit for about $500
September 14, 2010 01:55PM
I'm working on a RepRap for myself, and from I already gathered whole thing will cost me about $500 - $600 (everything included) with parts made either using laser cutting or cnc.
I was wondering if more people would be interested to buy whole kit for about $500?
(I should everything ready, if there is a need in about one or two months)

Thanks
Mariusz
Re: Whole RepRap kit for about $500
September 14, 2010 03:11PM
What is this kit?

What electronics
Bearings?
Hot end?
What rating steppers?
Which version of the lasercut or cnc are you offering?

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
September 14, 2010 03:15PM
Nothing too specific yet, but right now it looks like it would be the default Mendel build.
As far as the cnc/laser cut I will have to do little experimenting.

any suggestions?

Mariusz
September 14, 2010 04:13PM
any suggestions?

$500? $750.

I want <$200 RepRaps, thus Eiffel, and Loaner_Program etc.

But you may go nuts building kits, boxing kits, selling kits, shipping kits, replying to emails about kits, etc. at $500, and would not be able to sustain that price.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
September 14, 2010 06:08PM
I'm at $487 and hopefully need only electronics, (and hopefully I have the correct steppers).

While I'll have extras, the value of the leftover nuts and bolts will be less than a double sawbuck ($20).

While I'm not interested, I am curious how you will make a profit on a full kit. I can't see squeezing more than maybe $60 out of my build cost through buying in bulk. Maybe. You also have to figure the labor to assemble the kit (cutting to length, counting out screws, packing and shipping...).

You're going to need to redesign the kit to use something less expensive than prototype printed plastic parts to get there.

Correction, I'm at $497.94 now ($10.99 McMaster-Carr shipping & handling)
October 21, 2010 12:18PM
Highly interested but i agree with Sebastian, charge more as your forgetting your time
and effort, Got to $700 and I will see about getting one from you in Aug 2011. Currently
broke.

My email address is anarkist4now@yahoo.ca

Regards,

Andrew van Ees
October 22, 2010 08:02PM
Andrew,

What_Tooling_Do_You_Have?

Table saw?

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
October 23, 2010 11:13AM
Sebastien, Jig saw, table saw, drill, and a lot of other stuff. Only thing is most of its my Dad's, I at 43 years of age don't do to much diy stuff any more, I used to when I was younger and looking to get back to it. Figure I have most of the knowledge and can get my hands on most of the equipment, just not really practical until I get my work situation going.

Regards,

Andrew van Ees
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login