Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fully Assembled Mother Board

Posted by MathewDale 
Fully Assembled Mother Board
December 08, 2010 01:15PM
Can anyone send me a link to a motherboard for a Mendel, cant find one anywhere.
Re: Fully Assembled Mother Board
December 08, 2010 05:30PM
There are several derivatives now, but you can find information about all the parts of a standard gen3 electronics set here. Or are you trying to buy one?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2010 05:31PM by dazed.dnc.
December 08, 2010 10:55PM
[www.mendel-parts.com]

Gen6 is an all-in-one board for the whole RepRap; it has integrated stepper controllers and extruder controller. Price is relatively low, and what's more, you don't have to solder anything. Only problem is Camiel (owner of Mendel-parts) is a bit behind schedule at the moment; I ordered my parts on Nov. 14 and I still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation.
December 08, 2010 11:59PM
You can also get a RAMPS board from Ultimachine: [ultimachine.com]

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
December 09, 2010 05:04AM
An Original Name Wrote:

> Only
> problem is Camiel (owner of Mendel-parts) is a bit
> behind schedule at the moment; I ordered my parts
> on Nov. 14 and I still haven't gotten a shipping
> confirmation.

Ditto, although I was assured three days ago by Camiel that my parts ordered around the same time as you were in a box and would be shipped two days ago

The state of my order as just checked is still showing "processing", and a "next day" refund on parts I cancelled still hasn't appeared in my paypal account.

I've now almost completely run out of things to do on my build and I'm concentrating on getting rid of some eccentricity and clearance problems caused in the main by the studding I got from a reputable supplier, both M8 and to a greater extent M4 being very undersized. (3.66mm 'M4' and 7.82mm 'M8') - the first is right off the ISO tolerance charts, the second barely on it.
emt
December 09, 2010 06:48AM
Hi Matthew

As you have 4 stepper drives it might be possible to use the power side of the Pololu schematics as a guide to building a simple strip board with the heater components on. This would be much simpler and cheaper than using a motherboard.

[reprap.org]

The step, direction and end stop opto's can be direct to your Arduino/Sanguino.

Regards

Ian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login