Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRapKit.com

Posted by derekd 
RepRapKit.com
April 26, 2012 01:59PM
[bRepRapKit.com][/b]

Hi Fellow reprappers,

I'm Derek, and I'm helping Leo Dearden, who founded RepRap Kit a couple of years ago. Leo is committed to providing great value for money and excellent customer service. He's made a number of enhancements to the Mendel Prusa design, and has a policy of being completely Open Source with all his hardware and software developments.

Up until now, he has been offering mechanical kits, component parts (bearings, stepper motors, stepper drivers, etc), and plastic feedstock. The feedback we've had from customers has been generally excellent.

He's now offering complete Kits for the enhanced Mendel Prusa on 28 days delivery, with a 20% Early Bird discount for the first 10 orders at RepRapKit.com

Anyone who has dealt with RepRapKit.com, please feel free to post your comments here.

Thanks,
Derek.
Re: RepRapKit.com
April 26, 2012 02:11PM
I think this belongs to the forums like "RepRap Marketplace and Job Shop". If you start describing enhancements and asking for feedback on these enhancements it could remain a forum. "He's made a number of enhancements" certainly is not enough.

I hate spam and this is (almost) is....
April 30, 2012 07:40PM
This thread is intended as a place for customers to post their experiences with RepRap Kit, and I'm sorry if we didn't give that enough emphasis in the OP.

It's here because that's where many of the other supplier review threads are (taken from reprap.org: http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?1,60035,98512#msg-98512/, http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?1,102156/, http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?1,97338)

Best wishes,

Leo

Leo

leo@RepRapKit.com
[RepRapKit.com]
June 05, 2012 03:03PM
I Have been Dealing with Leo for only a short time now but have found Him to be very enthusiastic and helpfull.

He also sells some very good materials and feed stock.

Thanks again Leo.
July 15, 2012 07:22PM
Same her

Reale good help from leo and derek on helping me to get a good print and help on problem like print out of fase.
what i figuerd out\got help on.

If your not getting good print kontakt them for help and you get support smiling smiley
Me: did not get the bed to 110 C turn the volt up on the power supply a bit.
Had some problem the print jumped som cm. Did turn the volt up on the stepper motor for the axis that got the problem. for my part looks like the stepper motors is worm to the tuch is the best.

Super 3d printer smiling smiley

sorry for the eng spelling. not my strong side.
July 15, 2012 07:41PM
It would be nice if reviews could only come from established members of the community, this seems more than suspect. Apologies if somehow it is not.
July 27, 2012 07:46PM
@yydoctt

Reviews come from whichever of our customers feel like writing something :-)

It would be great to have reviews from established members of the community. However, the community is growing exponentially and most buyers of RepRap kits are just starting out, so most of our potential reviewers don't have much history. Everyone with something to say, good or bad, is most welcome.

Obviously, you're concerned about bogus feedback. That's fair enough. I know that the messages above are genuine, but I realise that may not be enough for you :-). What arrangement would you like to see? What can I actually do that would re-assure you?

BTW, Tveten is from Norway, and I give him respect for English that is much better than my Norwegian.

Cheers,

Leo

leo@RepRapKit.com
[RepRapKit.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login