Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

generating usable gcode

Posted by mupwi 
generating usable gcode
January 17, 2012 03:46AM
Hi I have a techzone laser cut Mendel kit that I have put there monolithic electronics on I have finished the build and everything seems to be working I am just having a problem generating gcode that produces a decent print I was wondering anyone has the same setup and could send me a coppy of there a skeinforge config or something that I could start with I am running 3mm abs btw.

thanks

Brian
Re: generating usable gcode
January 17, 2012 02:30PM
Try Slic3r. It works out of the box and you'll get good prints in no time.

[slic3r.org]
January 18, 2012 04:08AM
+1 for Slic3r

How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else. - R. Buckminster Fuller

[apapageek.com]
January 18, 2012 06:02AM
thanks downloaded it and will give it a try when I get home tonight
January 18, 2012 12:08PM
For some good advice on getting Slic3r up and running take a look at RichRaps Slic3r tutorial

How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else. - R. Buckminster Fuller

[apapageek.com]
January 18, 2012 12:36PM
Well I generated the gcode loaded it up in repsnapperand clicked print
it homed the extruder then stopped any ideas why. thaught it was the
wait for temp line so I deleted that but still nothing
January 18, 2012 05:08PM
Techzone monotronics - especially the daughter extruder temperature control board - is forcing us to use a very old firmware, which is not playing very well with slic3r.

Expect to do a lot of postprocessing on the slic3r generated gcode with that firmware.
January 18, 2012 09:30PM
Gary has some sample info for Skeinforge posted: [garyhodgson.com] . Obviously, these settings may or may not work for you.
I advise only changing one setting at a time so you can tell which one was responsible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login