Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

alternate firmware for techzone monotronics

Posted by mupwi 
alternate firmware for techzone monotronics
January 21, 2012 03:13PM
hi all I have been having wat seems to be endles problems with my mendel and I think ive come to the conclusion it is to do with the techzone monotronics firmware. Is there any other firmware that I could try preferably without having to modify any hardware?
Re: alternate firmware for techzone monotronics
January 22, 2012 06:56AM
Not that I know. You at least have to drop the temperature management daughter board to use any other firmware - or modify the target firmware to use it, which is not worth the time IMO.

If you're not too tight on budget I'd advise to change electronics. Monotronics also only can do half stepping, which makes the steppers so noisy.
January 22, 2012 12:59PM
No reason to trash electronics if they'll work, here's a tutorial on getting sprinter to work with them. Basically you get rid of the thermocouple board, replace the thermocouple with a thermistor, and rewire the heater.

[reprap.org]

Once you can load sprinter you can probably load any of the other firmwares, but you should probably get sprinter up and running before jumping to other firmwares.
January 23, 2012 04:44AM
thanks I think ill do the mods and go to sprinter I wish I had just gone for a standerd electronics in the beginning it has meant the completion of my printer has been delayed by about 6 months with back and forths with techzone do you know the specs of the thermistor I have been doing some reading but all I see is 10k , 100k,200k or spisific vendors that I cant get hold of localy would any 10,100,or 200k thermistor work or are there other specs
January 23, 2012 05:03AM
Don't use 10K on a 5V system, the self heating is too high.

100K is the most commonly used and it should be a glass bead type rated for 300C.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
January 23, 2012 05:43AM
thanks also found some more details seems they need to be ntc aswell
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login