Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

running 2 printers at once

Posted by glrra19 
running 2 printers at once
January 30, 2012 06:51PM
ok, i hve an orca3 and a MGprusa and i would like to run them from the same computer.
im using com3 for the orca, i figured i could just use com1 for the prusa. is this ok?

also, im having the worst time with the prusa. the orca was almost easy compared to
how long its taken me to get this far. i dont know why you guys hate gen6 so much,
ive found it to be pretty good. i just had to use trail and error for my bed heater settings.
Re: running 2 printers at once
January 30, 2012 06:55PM
i have seen it done, you just have to remember what com port the one you want is at, i remember hearing some one say you could run more than a few without too much trouble, but i cant remember where

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
January 30, 2012 07:04PM
i just installed the ardino drivers i hope i just didnt overwrite my orca settings.
im just gonna stop before i dont even have 1 printer to use.
January 30, 2012 07:04PM
You shouldn't have any problems with this kind of setup.

5 or 6 years old AMD computer, Ubuntu 11.10, 2 instances of Pronterface. Two printers simultaneously, connected through a single powered USB hub, the one with an Arduino Mega 1260 shows as /dev/TTYUSB0 (or USB1) and the one with an Arduino Mega 2560 shows as /dev/TTYACM0, connection speed at 115Kbps.
February 02, 2012 03:48PM
Do you have them both printing at the same time?
Our Prusa has Gen 6 and when I'm printing with pronterface (over a USB cable) it will pause or slow if I am working the PC very much. I forget the specs of that PC other than it is old enough that it still has WinXP.
February 02, 2012 03:56PM
Printing requires just a few resources from a PC. Two printers are no problem. But if you use this computer at the same time for high-CPU work then pauses are expected. Of course you can always play with your operating system task's priorities.
February 02, 2012 05:00PM
I think it depends on the quality of the device drivers. I had an old Athlon XP machine and lots of things would affect my printer. Playing audio for instance.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
February 02, 2012 07:14PM
im using a dualcore Athlon winXP it used to be a decent gamer rig.
what im worried about is when i start messing with the frimware settings
that ill mess up my orca.
im prolly gonna wait to use my prusa untill i can get a backup computer working.
ill have to figure this out sooner or later, im building #3 now.
February 02, 2012 08:16PM
if you can with your hardware what about printing from a sd card.? that is what i want to do in time.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login