Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Jersey Printers around?

Posted by Penny Garfunkel 
New Jersey Printers around?
February 06, 2012 12:15PM
Hello,

I am currently looking for someone in/around new jersey who has a 3d printer. I would like to get some physical interaction with the printer, ask a few questions, take some photos and shoot some video. I currently reside in Eatontown but drive to Pennsylvania everyday for school, so I drive across the whole state.

Is there anyone around these areas that would be willing to meet up and show off their printer?

Thanks in advance.
Re: New Jersey Printers around?
February 06, 2012 12:56PM
Here are two hackerspaces in your area. You'll probably want to check them out first, as I'm sure they're looking for members.

[www.ixrnj.org] - Wall Township
[fubarlabs.org] - Highland Park

If you can't get anybody else, i can try to make some time available.
February 06, 2012 05:31PM
There's also the RUG wiki page: [reprap.org]
And the RUG forum: [forums.reprap.org]
February 07, 2012 11:16PM
Hey,

This might be a bit of a hike but I'm out on Long Island... Sounds like you go south more than north.

Anyways, I've got a prusa that is printing most weeknights, and almost constantly on the weekends smiling smiley
February 07, 2012 11:18PM
whoops - forgot to add, if you do want to meet, you have a better chance of catching me on the IRC channel than on these forums.
February 13, 2012 04:22PM
Unfortunately that is farther than I can travel at this time.
February 14, 2012 12:01AM
there has to be someone in NYC with a printer.
maybe you guys can schedule a meet up with some people there
hopefully more people will see this and get on board.
February 14, 2012 11:10AM
again, no reason to go to NYC (which can be a real PITA to get in to). There are hakerspaces right in your backyard and if you ask i'm sure they'd give you a tour. there's also Penn state, if your driving to PA like you said. they have a very active User Group there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login