Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

some questions

Posted by Jakub 
some questions
March 22, 2012 10:40AM
Hi,

I like buy this item [reprap-fab.org], but int this item is there are several differences than in manual [garyhodgson.com] . I´m from czech rep. and here is problem to buy anything smiling smiley.

Thx

Jakub
Re: some questions
March 22, 2012 11:02AM
Hi, and welcome!

The parts in the visual manual is the old version (Prusa v1), but the new parts for sale have the same mechanical function. You should be able to follow the build manual without problems.

Best of luck, and keep us updated. smiling smiley

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
March 22, 2012 11:18AM
I bought similar parts (LM8UU version) from Wolfgang and they are great (I like his motor mount better). I can recommend it. I have bought his extruder+hotend too. It works great.
March 22, 2012 02:38PM
Nudel:
thx for "welcome" smiling smiley. So if I buy this [reprap-fab.org] and this [reprap-fab.org] it is all? In next shopping I have buy vitamins and other components.. It is anything of this site What should I still buy?

misan:
who is Wolfgang? smiling smiley And you buy same items?

Thx winking smiley
March 22, 2012 03:42PM
Sorry Jakub, Wolfgang is the owner of RepRap-fab, aka Stoffel15 here and in Thingiverse.
March 22, 2012 03:44PM
misan:

ahaaa.. smiling smiley Thx..
March 24, 2012 02:15AM
Hi,

another question.. smiling smiley Today I like buy vutamins. Which M8 nut have buy? This [www.alibaba.com] or this [beedspeed.com] or this normal [i00.i.aliimg.com] ? In manual is M8 nut type fastener. And i don't know, what is fastener in Czech language smiling smiley?!

Thx so much
March 24, 2012 05:00AM
The normal ones will be cheapest, but it would be very handy to have some -maybe half? of them nylocks (your second link)
nylocks wont unscrew by themselves but you can still adjust them easily enough with a spanner, on the other hand they can be a real pain if you want to put them in the middle of the threaded rod (they are hard to screw, even with a spanner)
I ended up using normal nuts with loctite. on mine. (you will want to do one of the other to get a solid frame that's not going to loosen on you)
March 24, 2012 05:25AM
In 10 min back I buy all normal smiling smiley. In shop dont have "Smooth rod", this item I buy in next few days and I buy few nut in second link.

I do not anticipate, but which elektronics is better? Sanguinololu or RAMPS 1.4? I´m not programator or geek smiling smiley.

Thx
March 24, 2012 05:51AM
RAMPS has better expandability, but for basic work they are almost the same and they both use pluggable Pololu motor drivers. Sanguinololu is smaller footprint and thinner. In terms of firmware you can install popular firmwares on any of them.
March 24, 2012 07:16AM
ok.. thanks for answer. For user is probably better RAMPS?

Have nice day..
March 24, 2012 07:19AM
If you can pay a bit more go with RAMPS, but please note a full RAMPS consists of:

one arduino mega board + RAMPS board (+ pololu stepper drivers)
March 24, 2012 07:21AM
With that I reckon smiling smiley.
March 24, 2012 01:06PM
Meanwhile, before I have a RepRap, I would like to learn to draw 3D. Can you tell me what program in Windows?
March 24, 2012 01:29PM
Google's Sketch-up and OpenSCAD are two popular choices. But while the former is GUI-oriented, the latter is script-oriented. Both useful and freely available.
March 25, 2012 05:21AM
Google's Sketch-up is fantastic =O. Now I see tutorial video from google, and this program is so "cool".. smiling smiley It is really easy winking smiley. Thanks for this tip! And how export object from Sketch-up for RepRap?
March 25, 2012 06:06AM
Convert Sketchup SKP files to DXF or STL

Google Sketchup (MakerBot)

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login