Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wades extruder - dimensions help plz.

Posted by RepRapRaj83 
Wades extruder - dimensions help plz.
March 18, 2012 06:54PM
Hi to all on the forum,

Would anybody be able to confirm the dimensions of the hole in which the thermal barrier is fitted on a wades extruder? I thought it was 16 mm diameter with a depth if 10 mm like on Adrians carriage but it prints out at about 13mm. Just checking before messing about with the hardware/firmware.

thanks

Raj
Re: Wades extruder - dimensions help plz.
March 26, 2012 06:35PM
Hi Raj,

The thing about extruders is that the mounting holes are not determined by the design, but by the person generating the STL file from OpenSCAD source code.

You see, most design out there are "parametric", meaning there are a few details you can fiddle with before you generate the STL file. Mounting hole size is one of those parameters. If you need some help generating an STL with your requirements, ask for help.

Here are some links

OpenSCAD

Greg's Accesible Wades Extruder v3 is a more robust design of Wade's, and it's parametric, which the original Wade's is not.
Re: Wades extruder - dimensions help plz.
March 26, 2012 08:32PM
I have attached Gregs version with a 16mm hole this is the one I print it still needs a bit of reaming out after though. I do this with an old small router cutter in my pillar drill

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login