Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Switching to Linux; Azteeg connects, but RAMPS doesn't

Posted by Pointedstick 
Switching to Linux; Azteeg connects, but RAMPS doesn't
May 17, 2012 07:45PM
I'm in the process of switching to Linux, but I'm having a problem with one of my machines. I had a Prusa using Azteeg electronics and a MendelMax using RAMPS 1.4 connected to a Mac OS X host, and now they're both hooked to a Shuttle PC running Linux Mint 12. Both of these machines worked with the Mac without issue. But only the Azteeg board connects to the Pronterface on the Linux PC. The MendelMax just hangs there at "Connecting...". It continues to interface with the Mac without issue, and this problem reproduces on the Linux PC regardless of which USB port I connect it or the other machine to. Anyone have any idea what might be up?
Re: Switching to Linux; Azteeg connects, but RAMPS doesn't
May 17, 2012 07:48PM
I run Mint 12 on all my computers (since released) and I have not had any issues with RAMPs since I replaced a faulty Arduino mega. But I do have issues with my Sanguinololu connecting at any rate higher than 115200.

So maybe it is a baud rate issue or bad Arduino.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
May 17, 2012 08:32PM
i second the Buad rate suggestion, what is your setting in the printer firmware?
May 17, 2012 09:15PM
Turns out it was a baud rate issue after all. The Mint machine didn't seem to like the existing setting of 250000; as soon as I changed it in the firmware to 115200 and tried at that, the Mint machine connected like a champ. Strangely, the Azteeg continues to work with 250000.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login