Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Off-topic] Semi-commercial engineering

Posted by dslc 
[Off-topic] Semi-commercial engineering
April 05, 2012 06:07AM
Hi all,

I'm an engineering student and am hoping to set up some sort of "semi-commercial" engineering initiative in the coming months. I'm looking for people to do this with. I'm based in Ireland, but I don't think that necessarily precludes the possibility of working with people elsewhere (at least to a certain extent).

To understand what I mean by "semi-commercial", please read this thread on the Open manufacturing discussion group: Ireland - semi-commercial engineering .

I say "partly-" or "semi-" commercial because - although this would be a genuine and concrete effort at bringing about non-commercial
alternatives - we obviously need a certain amount of money for various reasons in the medium-term. So we need to figure out some sort of compromise - and this probably means engaging in commerce to a certain extent.

We would be focusing on Reprap primarily in the early stages, and - generally speaking - would have an emphasis on open-source software and hardware (although we might attach a non-commercial clause to some of our designs).

I sent out an invite on the Irish group forum recently, which you can read here. After receiving no response I thought I would cast the net a little wider.

If anyone is interested, just let me know. Even if you're not in Ireland, I want to hear from people who agree with this idea.

david

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2012 06:07AM by dslc.

Semi-commercial engineering | Reprap diary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login