Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Quality Improvement - Longboat Prusa

Posted by Pierre le vrai 
Quality Improvement - Longboat Prusa
May 18, 2012 10:03AM
Hello everybody,

I'm starting a new topic cause I have been able to print successfully with my Prusa Longboat various objects. But now I think there are some improvements that could be made cause the quality of my prints is quite bad.
I'd like to know if other users of the Longboat have been able to obtain better quality and how, and if maybe other reprapers have advices on how to get smoother prints.

I'm using Sprinter, Slic3r and I print through Pronterface. My extruder has a 0.35mm nozzle and I print PLA on a heated bed.

The main problem I have right now is that rond edges are very notched and not smooth.

I've tried different speeds but it doesn't seem to impact too much this problem.
Thanks in advance if you guys can help me up.

Pierre
Re: Quality Improvement - Longboat Prusa
May 18, 2012 12:05PM
What version of Sprinter? and have you tried Marlin? if not, give it a try.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
May 18, 2012 12:24PM
Slow down the print speed.

Without the look-ahead of marlin, the printer needs to decelerate between each segment. By slowing down the print the speed variation is less noticeable.

www.Fablicator.com
May 18, 2012 02:46PM
Thanks for the advice! I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know the result.
Could it also be that my pololu have too low intensity or that they have too few steps?

Anyway, have a good evening.

Pierre
May 23, 2012 03:32AM
i am using marlin and i found out that if i tighten my belts too much, that can also happen
May 23, 2012 08:31AM
So belts shouldn't be too tight?
I printed some test objects this week end at slow speed and the result was a bit better. I'll install marlin soon to check if any improvement.
Thanks anyway
May 23, 2012 08:40AM
Or try "Sprinter experimental", that uses a lot of the improved code found in Marlin. I've been using it for a while now with improved results.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login