Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Poronterface Mac

Posted by tjhj2 
Poronterface Mac
May 18, 2012 02:37PM
Hi,

I couldn't find a print run forum so here I am in general

When I go to load a file to slice it I get the following..

Slicing: /Applications/Slic3r.app/Contents/MacOS/slic3r
$s --load config.ini --output $o
Cannot find specified configuration file (config.ini).

But when I go to open settings > slicer
It opens up the slicer window.
But still gives me a code error.

Entering skeinforge settings: /Applications/Slic3r.app/Contents/MacOS/slic3r --load config.ini --ignore-nonexistent-config

I can't figure out why it is running asking for skein forge settings when running slic3r.

What is wrong here?

PS why is it called pronterface and printrun?

Thank you for all your time and help,
Re: Poronterface Mac
May 18, 2012 02:55PM
May 18, 2012 09:36PM
But how / where do I set it in pontorface?
May 18, 2012 09:59PM
In pronterface under settings / options

/Applications/Slic3r.app/Contents/MacOS/slic3r $s --load /something/something/somethingconfig.ini --output $o

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
May 19, 2012 06:24AM
You can also run slic3r separately and load the gcode file into pronterface.
June 01, 2012 07:48AM
Ok so I thought I had this working and it turns out not really,

/Applications/Slicer/Slic3r.app/Contents/MacOS/slic3r $s --load /Applications/Slicer/config.ini --output $o

This always slices with the default config, not the config file I saved in folder.

When I try and edit my sliceoptscommand to take away the -- ignore-nonexistent-config, slicer won't load and show me options.

Like so
/Applications/Slicer/Slic3r.app/Contents/MacOS/slic3r --load Application/Slicer/config.ini

Any suggestions on what is going on here? and or how to fix it??

Thank you for your time and help
June 01, 2012 01:43PM
My solution: Add a Pronterface folder under Applications and move the Pronterface application to the folder and copy the config.ini file to this folder using the default path to Slic3r in Pronterface (mentioned above).

Everything works except actually printing anything (but I believe it is another problem since neither Repetier-Host Mac works either). Haven't had the time to figure it out since it works on my old and slow PC.
June 02, 2012 04:17PM
I agree - where the hell do you set up slicer in windows version of pronterface.

I wish it was a little more straightforward to integrate it.

any help?
June 02, 2012 06:47PM
Pronterface comes with Slice3r in a subdirectory. The config.ini file is in that subdirectory.

The options menu has the command to run when slicing and the command to run for the Settings/Slicing settings menu.

I updated the version of slicer and copied the old config.ini and it worked fine.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 02, 2012 06:50PM
well, I just downloaded off github the latest pronterfce and I dont see a dir for slicer - only locale and images
June 02, 2012 07:36PM
June 02, 2012 11:09PM
nophead when I download your link for pointer face, OSx auto expands it and it only has the app by itself no slicer for me either.

If its just me please let me know.

Thank you for your time and help,
June 03, 2012 07:37AM
I have only used the Windows version. Perhaps the Mac version doesn't include it.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login