Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2D raprep

Posted by parperpankaj 
2D raprep
May 19, 2012 05:41AM
I want to make only 2D version of raprep for simple 2D cutting(So I want only X and Y axis control and no extruder at all).Can anyone suggest me the changes which should be made to the arduino (microcontroller) code as per my necessity. Because I don't have much knowledge about computer programming, So please help...
Re: 2D raprep
May 19, 2012 05:53AM
Hello, You will still need a Z axis, as you need to control the cutting bit up and down and cut out in many passes getting deeper and deeper each time, not just all in one go.

The Arduino changes will be minimal, many slicers can do cutting instead of printing. your biggest challenge will be making a strong frame, and deciding on a cutter you can mount.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
May 19, 2012 05:13PM
you may want to check out this open project - DIYLILCNC

[diylilcnc.org]
May 20, 2012 05:19PM
You can run a 2D or a 3D cutter with most reprap microcontroller firmwares without any code changes, as long as the steps per mm and acceleration values have been set correctly. The firmware will take the G0/G1 movement codes and run the X, Y and Z stepper motors even without the extruder codes. You'll just have to do spindle start, stop and RPM adjustment by hand, as well as setting the coordinates correctly relative to the workpiece.
Anonymous User
May 20, 2012 05:22PM
You need a servo like in the head of a egg bot. With this you can omit the need of a z
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login