Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

paranoia or am i just being too fussy

Posted by thejollygrimreaper 
paranoia or am i just being too fussy
June 16, 2012 08:40AM
hello all,

i had my printrbot running teacup on an arduino and i was getting really nice prints, the perimeters were perfect it printed single barclamps perfectly, however i had a hiccup with one of the industrial stepper drivers i was using, and the result was no more arduino uno, so i've gone to the sanguinololu runnning sprinter everything is pretty much as it was the steps per mm is the same the skeinforge settings havn't changed, my belts and guitar string tight my extruder stays at 218 to 220 like it did before my heated build table i still run at 75 and drop to 55 i'm even still on the same roll of filament

the first image is the calibration cube it's putting out, which isn't too bad however the perimeters are still is little not quite right, but i can live with that a little bit since it almost impossible to eliminate

the one the bugs (see second image) me the most is this, it was doing perfect bar clamps even that painfull little bit next to the hole, they were coming out nicely, i'm pretty much at the limit of reduce the flow rate on both the infil and the perimeter settings ( in the image the ones it did running is on the left and the latest one on the right)

I'm running a 0.5mm nozzle at a 0.45mm layer height any suggestions?
Attachments:
open | download - IMG00769-20120220-1347.jpg (140.7 KB)
open | download - IMG00774-20120220-1354.jpg (196 KB)
Re: paranoia or am i just being too fussy
June 16, 2012 09:16AM
Could be the jerk and/or acceleration is set higher in sprinter compared to teacup?

How fast do you print?

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
June 16, 2012 09:27AM
the print speed i usaully run is 26mm/sec

the accelleration settings:

#define _ACCELERATION 1000        
#define _RETRACT_ACCELERATION 2000 
#define _MAX_XY_JERK 20.0
#define _MAX_Z_JERK 0.4
//#define _MAX_START_SPEED_UNITS_PER_SECOND {25.0,25.0,0.2,10.0}
#define _MAX_ACCELERATION_UNITS_PER_SQ_SECOND {5000,5000,50,5000}   

thats for the sprinter firmware

for the teacup the accelleration is also 1000 i'm not sure where to find "jerk settings" in that
June 16, 2012 09:39AM
Is it an illusion, or is the second bar clamp shorter than the first? Perhaps you Z -axis is missing steps occasionally.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 16, 2012 09:56AM
checked that, the second clamp actaully has the first two or three layers slightly squished so it is a little illusionary, not too sure whats happened there, i checked that the z axis is moving the correct height with my trusty calipers, it only goes at 5mm/sec
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login