Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Would this work : relay for heatbed

Posted by Weedz 
Would this work : relay for heatbed
July 04, 2012 11:11AM
Hello

Im getting my heatbed soon, but i dont want to kook up to the sanga board directly. so i hear ppl saying to get a relay to get the stress of, my question is would a relay of this kind work? [www.multice.com]

its a bit overpowered maybe, but else what kind of of the shelf relay would work? pref cheap grinning smiley
Re: Would this work : relay for heatbed
July 04, 2012 12:44PM
It will only work if your bed is powered from AC and it needs to be at least 24V.

For a low voltage DC bed a correctly rated MOSFET is the best solution. Either one with very low RDSon or one with moderate RDSon and a small heatsink.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
July 04, 2012 12:56PM
edit: from what i see SSR-R05DD Solid State Relay. these are dc/dc relays. Turn Off Voltageļ¼š<3.0VDC

it seems like these will work, be sure to use at least 100 ohm resistance from Sanguinololu to relay in case of failure or capacitive spikes in current to protect i/o pin.The only issue i see is damage from static charge building up. perhaps place a 10k from ground pin to relay input and a 10k resister in parallel across load, in case load ever becomes disconnected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2012 01:00PM by jamesdanielv.
July 04, 2012 05:34PM
ok tnx for the replys....

in the mean time i found what i was looking for, i got a special relay print designed for the sanga from my dutch supplier.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login