Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRaper "RepRap Walmart" Chinese Filament Closed?

Posted by Idolcrasher 
One day in the recent past I had a brain fart and ordered 8 x 5lb Rolls of PLA from Esun. After paying them and getting a gob-smackingly large import tax bill it worked out at $55 per 5lb roll.

The chemical consistency appears to be fine. The real issue with me is that the diameter seems to vary from about 2.7x mm to 3.05 mm. I have a 1/4" PTFE insert in my hot end and the variance in diameter caused a jam after about 3 hours of printing. I widened my nozzle and PTFE insert with a #28 drill (3.57 mm) which increased the time between jams to about 8 hours. Unfortunately I do a lot of 12 hour prints so I immediately switched back to the Ultimachine.com product which is always top quality.

I suspect this will be OK for someone who has shorter prints to do or a larger ID on the hot end barrel. Or someone who just has a penchant for "self flagulation"

If anyone is interested I have 7 rolls left ( 1 x Red,1 x Black, 1 x Blue, 1 x Yellow, 3 x white) and would like to sell for cost + postage from CA,USA. Or best offer. Happy to sell one roll or the whole lot.

Pictures are at:

[www.mendelcraft.com]
[www.mendelcraft.com]

On the bright side, if this does not sell I have enough lawn strimmer filament to last the rest of my natural life!.... And my first reincarnation!
Re: RepRaper "RepRap Walmart" Chinese Filament Closed?
November 12, 2012 05:33PM
GarrieD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One day in the recent past I had a brain fart and
> ordered 8 x 5lb Rolls of PLA from Esun.

EsunPLA is known for Really poor filament and is not the same as RepRaper filament so this review is not valid for this thread.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
+1 with Sublime.

I am printing with their stuffs, and even for a noob, i had satisfying results. to be honnest, i found the crystal clear PLA from Makerbot a lot harder to print than RepRap filaments...

By the way Sublime, i like your Tantillus...going to try to build one myself, using a lot of cheap chinese "stuffs", as i live in Guangzhou.

One thing all these persons complaining about "cheap" chinese stuffs, is that they should realize that ALL what they are buying at 5x times the price is ALSO coming from China...they only make resellers happier and fatter...
Re: RepRaper "RepRap Walmart" Chinese Filament Closed?
April 23, 2015 02:00PM
I know this is an old thread but their site appears to be offline now. I get great results now with the filament I got from them (thanks to my heated printbed + elmers glue/water mix)

Anyone know what happened to them or who manufactured their filament?

Surprisingly their tolerance on 3mm filament was pretty good, made prints with it that show less artifacts related to filament tolerance than with the stuff I got from colorfabb... Thats a sad story.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login