Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lattest Wade's accessible extruder

Posted by epareja 
Lattest Wade's accessible extruder
July 16, 2012 09:58PM
Hello,

I would like to know where can I find the lattest accessible extruder with a hole for the hotend of about 16mm diameter.

Thank you

Ernesto Pareja

dcctrains.netne.net
Re: Lattest Wade's accessible extruder
July 16, 2012 10:59PM
I have a copy but can't remember where I got it from, if you pm me I can send you the .stl file although mine is a Greg's not a Wade's

July 17, 2012 12:12AM
Greg's is Wade's

The original name is Greg's Accessible Wade's Extruder.

@Espareja If you want to improve your experience, download a copy of OpenSCAD, and get the source files from Greg Frost's GITHUB archive. You can edit the file for many supported hot end designs, including some with the 16mm mouniting hole.

The two files you are interested in are called gregs-wade-v3.scad and gregs-wadebits.scad

I'll follow this topic, in case you have any questions.

-Wildseyed-
July 17, 2012 05:24AM
This is the one we use (and supply in our kits)

[www.thingiverse.com]

It works great, and the hinged 'guidler' with two captive compression screws is such an improvement when it come to swapping filament or cleaning up thehobbed bolt.
July 19, 2012 07:12PM
Hi there,
If you are looking for something nearer the original Wade design (as against Greg's Accessible take on it) then Nophead has a version that has a 16mm hole. It's on his Mendel 90 Thingiverse page; [www.thingiverse.com] It has the 50mm distance between it's mounting holes, same as Gregs, so will mount to many of the x-carriages out there.
Regards,
NumberSix

[numbersixreprap.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login