Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can anyone suggest some good sources for filament?

Posted by Agent Tikki 
Can anyone suggest some good sources for filament?
June 14, 2012 07:28PM
Just getting into this and am waiting for my first printer. I'm super excited and can't wait to start.

My unit uses a 1.75 filiment and I'm finding it difficult to find a good sources for good high quality abs. I'd like of course to get a good price for it, but quality come first. I'd like a few different colors, can any or you guys suggest some good sources of 1.75mm abs filiment?

Also have any of you had experience with Octave 1.75mm filament I found them on Amazon.

What are you thoughts and suggestions?
Re: Can anyone suggest some good sources for filament?
June 14, 2012 08:26PM
Where are you located?
In the US 1.75mm is very common, Ultimachine has a pretty good rep, and a fairly wide selection.
repraper.com, has a vast selection of 1.75mm at low prices (though shipping evens out the price difference somewhat), I'm undecided on the quality, the pink PLA I tried is a little picky about temperature and tends to blob, I have several other rolls from them here have yet to try.
June 14, 2012 09:53PM
Hi thanks for the suggestion! I'm located in Los Angeles, California, USA!
June 14, 2012 10:18PM
Ultimachine, Makerbot, and Protoparadigm have had good stuff in the past. I'm almost entirely sure they have the same supplier.

www.Fablicator.com
August 20, 2012 09:34AM
For reference the same filament is available in the UK here, [shop.cd-writer.com] It seems to be available for shipping across Europe. So thats certainly worth considering if you need good stable filament in the UK.
August 20, 2012 10:51AM
if you would live in europe i would go for www.RepRapWorld.com very good service very low pricing and good quality on filiment at least for the stuff i ordered. I never heard complaints about it anyway.

They also have very good priced electronics department...
August 20, 2012 01:58PM
I use Ultimachine PLA and its great. I highly recommend them.

-Nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login