Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

STL file settings, overlapping or self intersecting facets

Posted by gsport 
STL file settings, overlapping or self intersecting facets
October 02, 2012 01:42PM
Help.

I have printed a few things and it seems that I can suddenly not get anything to slice correctly with any version of Slic3r. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

I keep getting the error:-

"The model has overlapping or self intersecting facets. I tried to repair it, however you might want to check the results..."

As far as I can make out there is nothing wrong with my model (created in Solidworks and trying both binary and Asci outputs...

Latest thing it wont slice is a tiny little magic wand model...

Does anyone know what causes this error? Is these something I can do?

This is the latest super simple part that wont slice
[www.gsport.co.uk]

Any help much appreciated..

George
Re: STL file settings, overlapping or self intersecting facets
October 02, 2012 01:58PM
Process the part through cloud.netfabb.com and try again. I use SolidWorks frequently and the STLs it creates are pretty messy.

In general, if any slicer gives an error when processing a model, put it through cloud.netfabb.com first and see if that fixes it. 90% of the time it will solve your problem.
Re: STL file settings, overlapping or self intersecting facets
October 02, 2012 03:44PM
That is great thanks, fixed it no problem... seems ridiculous that such an expensive piece of software as SW cant generate proper STL's...

It looks like this is going to be a recurring problem, should I download the basic version of the studio? Does anyone know how much the professional version is?

George

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2012 03:58PM by gsport.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login