Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gen 6.d getting USB device not recognized (error 43)

Posted by Corruo 
Gen 6.d getting USB device not recognized (error 43)
October 09, 2012 03:46AM
G'day all,
I recently completed my Prusa Mendel and it was working like a charm after a few days of playing with the firmware/skeinforge settings. Out of the blue (without even being disconnected then reconnected) my laptop stopped recognizing the board and giving me the USB device not recognized error.
I then connected it to my desktop and it works perfectly, so the problem is not with the Gen 6.d board. i have updated drivers, used system restore, uninstalled all USB devices and basically everything else i can think of. USB mice / flash drives still seem to work so this problem seems to be just between my laptop and the Gen 6.d board and its got me stumped!

If anyone has had a similar problem or knows of a possible fix it would be greatly appreciated!
Re: Gen 6.d getting USB device not recognized (error 43)
October 09, 2012 09:45AM
I have now dug up an old pc that i thought i could use to run the Mendel. It connects to the printer no worries however once i set the temperature (either for the hot end or the print bed) i get:

Can't read from printer (disconnected?)
Can't write to printer (disconnected?)

after that the USB cable gets quite hot. I wonder if this has anything to do with the previous problems? 2 days of great printing followed by a plethora of problems is beginning to get quite frustrating.

Cheers

Edit: i am getting this problem on two different desktop PCs however am still unable to connect to my laptop

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2012 10:12AM by Corruo.
October 09, 2012 08:08PM
Yes, I have this issue after my laptop hibernates. A full restart helps every time.
October 09, 2012 10:25PM
I'm getting errors too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login