Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

layers

Posted by chris33 
layers
October 19, 2012 05:38AM
Just a question what the smallest layer has anyone done, successfully achieved, im researching first before I build my machine, and trying too understand a few concepts.

What attributes involved in layer thickness, as I pressume the finer the layer the better the print finish

Cheers
VDX
Re: layers
October 19, 2012 06:21AM
... with FDM/FFF-printing or other methodes too?

With different fabbing methodes (UV-printing, etching, lasercutting, LOM, ...) I've achieved thicknesses, sizes and accuracies in some ten microns with DIY-machines ... with access to comercial systems even sub-microns winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 19, 2012 07:15AM
VDX Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... with FDM/FFF-printing or other methodes too?
>
> With different fabbing methodes (UV-printing,
> etching, lasercutting, LOM, ...) I've achieved
> thicknesses, sizes and accuracies in some ten
> microns with DIY-machines ... with access to
> comercial systems even sub-microns winking smiley

Fdm/fff
VDX
October 19, 2012 08:38AM
... nozzles can have 0.2mm bore diameter, but 0.3 to 0.5mm diameter is common - with this nozzles you can print layer heights down to 0.1mm, some people managed to print even with 0.05mm height (remember a post where 0.02mm were mentioned).

The possible printing accuracy depends mostly on your experience and skills, then on the stiffness of the machine, filament quality ... and some other external parameters too ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 19, 2012 09:15AM
using slic3r I've tested layers as low as 50 micron on ultimaker using makergear 0.35 nozzle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login